For our last Tuesday Pop Up event on 24th of June we put together a marathon 5-course burger menu, which was wonderfully paired with some of Humble Grape’s finest wines! (humblegrape.co.uk)
We started the night off with a welcome drink featuring either a bottle of our gluten free lager CELIA or an Aperitif of Domaine du Landreau Cremant de Loire 2005.
For our first course we teamed up with Riso Gallo and created a wonderfully rich and creamy saffron risotto burger, this was served with Humble Grape wine Domaine des Maréchaux Rosé 2012 which had a crisp dry finish.
Following our successful first course we served a Yellow fin tuna ceviche burger with seaweed mayo, alongside Chateau Crabitey Graves 2010 courtesy of Humble Grape.
As if that wasn’t enough we then served up a gorgeous melt in the mouth Duck confit burger with flambeed figs, Roquefort and crispy pancetta and paired amazingly with Domaine de La Martinette 2010.
Accompanying a smooth glass of Chateau Clos Bel Air Pomerol 2006 was our fourth course of buffalo burger with Chanterelle mushrooms on a potato pancake.
And finally to truly finish off the night in style we concluded with a Vozar’s special of beef burger with poached quail egg, truffle oil and wild garlic mayo paired with Château Ducru-Beaucaillou La Croix de Beaucaillou Saint-Julien 2006.
For now our executive chef Martin Vozar has been generous enough to pass on his saffron risotto burger recipe!
Saffron risotto on bone marrow burger
Makes 4 portions
150g Riso Gallo Arborio rice
50ml of White Wine
2 tbsp of Bone Marrow
1 Medium Onion
500ml of Vegetable/ Chicken Stock
1 Handful of Grated Parmesa
1 Moka Spoon of Saffron
Gluten Free Flour
Gluten Free Breadcrumbs
- Finely chop the onion
- Melt the Bone Marrow, add the onion and stir fry on medium
- Add rice and turn the heat on maximum. Stir fry for 2 minutes
- Add the wine, stir until all the liquid evaporates.
- Turn the heat down slightly, add a ladle of stock along with the saffron until it evaporates and continue to do so until the rice is cooked and the texture is creamy
- Take the risotto of the heat and add the parmesan and butter
- Set aside to cool
- When the risotto is cool add 1 egg and mix together to form into burger shapes.
- Coat in flour, eggs and breadcrumbs (these can be placed in the fridge and cooked later)
- Deep fry at 170 degrees until golden
- Serve in a warm toasted GF brioche bun with guacamole!
We would like to thank the Bread Factory for their amazing GF mini burger buns, Riso Gallo for the risotto rice and of course Humble Grape for the extraordinary wines!